To Dream or Not to Dream
To Sleep is But a Dream
My eyes are outlasting the darkness.
Heavy is the weight upon them.
Faint is the scent of lavender
That I dropped like dew on my pillow.
I cannot sleep.
For sleep is but a dream,
An illusion I have tangled with
That mocks me all too often.
By the Light of the Moon
The amber glow of the half asleep moon cast an eerie scene.
The recent travels of the wind have been delayed,
Nothing moves.
Even the playful antics of ever-tingling chimes have been suppressed.
Standing stoically in the background are the trees, perfect soldiers.
Nothing moves.
Everything glows phosphorescent.
The magic of the moonlight has silenced even the March wind.
My eyes are outlasting the darkness.
Heavy is the weight upon them.
Faint is the scent of lavender
That I dropped like dew on my pillow.
I cannot sleep.
For sleep is but a dream,
An illusion I have tangled with
That mocks me all too often.
By the Light of the Moon
The amber glow of the half asleep moon cast an eerie scene.
The recent travels of the wind have been delayed,
Nothing moves.
Even the playful antics of ever-tingling chimes have been suppressed.
Standing stoically in the background are the trees, perfect soldiers.
Nothing moves.
Everything glows phosphorescent.
The magic of the moonlight has silenced even the March wind.
Comments
Post a Comment