Beginnings
This is the beginning.
Beginning of what I do not yet know. Only afterwards are things
labeled, so now I am just nothing but a beginning. I am possibly
reckless, maybe too cautious. That, too, is hard to say. When I know,
it may be too late.
Forgive me for my
uncertainty. I am not even sure where things started. Maybe I am not
really a beginning, but just have a bad memory. I feel as if I was
just born. I am looking around at my surroundings and nothing seems
familiar. It is as if life itself started right here. Where should I
go? My next step may be my last. Who can tell?
If this ends well, I have
fate to thank. My journey will go where it will, like a river that
flows to the sea. Life follows a similar path, as does a good story.
It should seem as if the tale fell into being suddenly, but has been around forever. It is rough being a beginning. You have no act to follow and nothing to compare yourself to. How did God do it? How wonderful it is to see what can become of nothing if only you just believe.
Comments
Post a Comment